Thursday, February 7, 2013

My Fitness Pal

 Hey folks!

I wanted to take some time to tell you all about the app I've been using to aid in my weight loss endeavor, because it's a pretty good app. 

It's called "My Fitness Pal" and it's a free app for both Apple and Android. 

Reasons I love this app: It's really easy to use. I entered in my starting weight, my goal weight, and at what rate I wanted to lose weight. It then calculated the amount of pretty much every nutrient in food I should be eating per day. Really. Fat, calories, carbs, sugar, protein, it's all there. It also calculated how much exercise (cardio) I should be doing in a day.


How does it work? Well, that's pretty way to. Basically, whenever I eat or drink something, I take a minute or two and enter it in to my daily food diary. I can even create recipes where I enter in the ingredients when I'm cooking something. It's even got a barcode scanner so you can look up your food, instead of entering in all the info by hand. The search function is also pretty useful; I was able to look up a restaurant meal and enter the information in that way. You can also enter in exercise as well. You earn back the calories you burn exercising, as extra calories for the day.



Here's a screen shot of the daily food diary. As you can 
see, I put in my breakfast, and my exercise, and it
updated everything. There's also a counter to keep 
track of how much water I drink during the day. 

It's pretty nifty. I like it so far. 












I'm actually learning quite a bit about serving sizes and nutrition and what is and isn't reasonable, but that's an entry for another time. 


That's it for now! 

As always, 

Punk Rock Pikachu


















No comments:

Post a Comment