Tuesday, January 22, 2013

New Year, New Goals.

Hello again!

It's been a long time since either Dancing Dragonair or myself updated this blog. We kind of got a little distracted with life and various other sundry things, so we put this by the wayside for a little while.

But, it's a new year, and we have new goals. And, more importantly, we're going to stick to them this year, come hell or high water.

I've never set much stock in New Year's Resolutions before, but, this year, I decide to actually make one. It's incredibly simple, yet also incredibly complex: Take better care of myself.





Up until now, I haven't take the best care of myself. I haven't been paying too much attention to what I was eating, despite my best attempts, I don't get enough sleep, I don't exercise, and so on and so forth. So, rather than take the specific approach of saying that my resolution is "do X activity," I'm instead making the blanket statement that covers most of those. I'm still pretty young, and I have my whole life ahead of me-I want to take the best care of myself that I can now, so I don't suffer the negative health consequences of it later.

So far, I'm doing pretty decently. I've lost about 5 pounds, which, while not ridiculously glamorous or anything, is a start. And a pretty positive one at that. I'm still working on getting enough sleep, or getting sleep at the right times, but, Rome wasn't built in a day. So I'd say I'm doing pretty well for myself at the moment.

2013 is totally going to be my year.

I plan to get back to updating this blog, at least once a week, if not more. I'll share my progress, and various things that I find fun and exciting and relevant to the themes at hand.

Until next time, then, I guess.

Punk Rock Pikachu.

No comments:

Post a Comment